5 new additional tyres have added into the Eagle F1 family by Goodyear Malaysia starting with the SuperSport RS, SuperSport R, SuperSport, Asymmetric 5, and the Asymmetric 3 SUV tyres. The new tyres launch was inconjunction with the recent sponsorship of three participating teams in the World Endurance Championship (widely known as the Le Mans). The teams are, Jota Sport, Jackie Chan DC Racing, and High Class Racing.
The 5 new Goodyear 2020 tyre line up is targeted at thrill seeking drivers to enable all driving enthusiast to enjoy high performance premium tyres at competitive price.
What are the difference between the tyres?
- Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport – designed for comfort, control, and superior grip and handling performance on wet roads. The usage of innovative U-shaped compound that has specialised power zones to create pockets of control for superior wet and dry handling. A thread deformation protector is also included in maintaining its shape, and allowing better foorprint perservation for high-speed stability. To increase grip during cornering, Goodyear applied a closed outside pattern, which allows for more agile performance. Additionally, it also has a stiffer sidewall design which improves handling and stability.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 – Luxurios comfort and superior wet braking. Specialised thread design and Impulse Control Compound Technology, a highly refined silica compound, allow the tyre to endure high-speed braking, shortening the braking distance. Goodyear’s ActiveBraking Technology allows the tyre to expand slightly underbraking to create a wider contact patch by using its walls. A Power Cushion Technology (stiff coupling of carcass and pattern) produces precise power transmission, leading to excellent dry handling.
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 SUV – designed to be sturdy while promoting better fuel consumption due to its low rolling resistance. ActiveBraking Technology helps shortening braking distance. Grip Booster increases the tyre’s stickiness with road surface, allowing it to be comfortable while maintaining handling when travelling at higher speeds.
Goodyear Malaysia also reacquainted the market with its other tyre families, namely the Assurance, EfficientGrip and the Wrangler series.
Goodyear Assurance Range – Assurance TripleMax 2, Assurance DuraPlus 2
- Assurance TripleMax 2 – equipped with HydroTred technology for enhanced wet braking performance, while its asymmetric threads allows for better handling, comfort drive, and safer drive.
- Assurance DuraPlus 2 – equipped with TredLife technology and a specialised compound to reduce exterior noise, increase overall comfort, and better fuel economy.
Goodyear EfficientGrip range –EfficientGrip Performance, EfficientGrip Performance SUV
- EfficientGrip Performance – Equipped with high grip compound that enables short braking distance on wet and dry roads. ActiveBraking Technology helps increases contact between the tyres ad the roads. FuelSaving Technology that reduces rolling resistance by up to 18% from its predecessor. QuietTred Technology also ensures a quieter drive.
- EfficientGrip Performance SUV – similar to the EfficientGrip Performance. Designed to be quiet and comfortable to fit luxury highway SUVs. Reinforced and robust construction to match all driving conditions. QuietTred Technology reduces exterior and interior noise levels to provide quieter ride. FlexContact technology uses heavier gauge under thread and barrier cushion that reduces vibration and tyre insulation for improved ride comfort.
Goodyear Wrangler Range – Wrangler AT SilentTrac
- Equipped with Durawall technology provides light off-road durability with improved quiet and comfort for on-road and extended mileage. DuraTrac offers additional transaction through its Tractive Groove Technology, which offer better grip off-road. Highly angled centre tread blocks enhance traction as well as adds stability to reduce road noise.
For more information on Goodyear, please visit www.goodyear.com.my