Mercedes-Benz Malaysia consolidates uptrend sales figures

Mercedes-Benz Malaysia (MBM) Sdn Bhd has flagged-off 2014 in full throttle, recording a 22 per cent increase to 2,233 vehicles in total sales for the first quarter of 2014, compared to the same period last year. The increase in sales was predominantly driven by a phenomenal 38 per cent growth by Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicles, with the new E-Class registering an impressive 60 per cent year-to-date growth. (click to enlarge)

Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicles recorded an increase from 1,211 units in Q1 2013 to 1,676 units this year. Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles experienced a marginal 9 per cent decrease from 34 units in Q1 2013 to 31 units; while FUSO registered 526 units in Q1 2014, down 10 per cent from 582 units registered during the same period last year.

Having been in operations for 10 years, MBM lays claim to the largest service network amongst the premium automotive brands. A total of 32 dealers and 29 service centers spanning Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak, provide more than 300 service bays with the capacity to serve over 600 vehicles a day for customer convenience.

“We are very pleased with the overall improved performance this quarter. Both the new A-Class which was launched in June last year, and E-Class which was launched in August, continue to experience strong growth. This is testament of the market’s confidence not only in the Mercedes-Benz brand and product quality, but also the excellent after sales support offered by our nationwide network,” remarked MBM’s President and CEO, Roland Folger.

He added, “We are also well prepared for the expected increase in vehicles as well as our Four-Year Extended Warranty Program which comes into force this year. Our nationwide network is staffed with highly skilled technical experts certified under our Mercedes-Benz’s International C-Service Program from Global Training, Deutschland (Germany).”

For the year ahead, MBM intends to expand on its one-stop center offerings. In the near future, MBM plans to setup a new Autohaus that’s deemed the benchmark in retail experience in S.E.A. (South East Asia) region. As for expansion of vehicle line-up, several variants are in the pipeline following the new S-Class and CLA intros most recently. Additionally, MBM is committed to the prospective entry of Mercedes-Benz EEVs (Energy Efficient vehicles) in the not-too-distant future.

For more information on MBM, visit

Latest articles

Independence Day Promotion From Volvo Car Malaysia

In order to celebrate the upcoming Independence day, 3 current selling model of the Volvo line-up will be getting special discount during...

Nissan Serena S-Hybrid (C26) CBU Receive A Product Recall

Owners of Nissan Serena S-Hybrid (C26) please take note! Edaran Tan Chong Motor Sdn Bhd (ETCM) along with Tan Chong Ekspres Auto...

MINI Malaysia Celebrates Independence Day With The ‘Add Independence’ Campaign

In order to celebrate the 63 years of Malaysia’s independence, MINI Malaysia today introduced the ‘Add Independence’ campaign. The ‘Add Independence’ campaign...

New Limited Edition Isuzu D-Max – The Isuzu D-Max Stealth

On the 6th of August 2020, Isuzu Malaysia unveiled a new limited-edition Isuzu D-Max named Stealth. This limited-edition Stealth model comes with...

Related articles