|Dutch Luxury Sports car maker Spyker today introduced the B6 Venator Spyder Concept at the Quail Motorsports gathering in Pebble Beach, CA, U.S.A.|
Following a sneak peek at this year’s Geneva Motor Show, the Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept is the eagerly awaited convertible execution of Spyker’s compact, 2-door mid-engine sports car that will offer the discerning driver of the highest standards a new choice.
The B6 Venator Spyder concept incorporates vintage cues of the brand’s aviation past, highly detailed design and bespoke materials into a defiantly contemporary statement. The company’s Latin axiom “Nulla tenaci invia est via” – “For the tenacious no road is impassable” – is tastefully featured on the exterior. The name “Venator” is Latin for “Hunter,” a nod back to Spyker’s “Hunter” fighter aircraft of the early 20th century.
Spyker B6 Venator Spyder concept exterior highlights
- The trademark radiator grille’s mesh is V-shaped, referencing Spyker models of the previous century. The 1903 Spyker logo harkens back to an era when Spyker built racers such as the amazing 60HP.
- The headlights, equipped with LED light rails, give the car an aggressive stance.
- The 3D LED rear lights are akin to the iris-type after burners of a jet engine from a modern fighter aircraft.
- The brake light has been sculpted into the rear panel design to ensure smooth, flowing design lines.
- Elegantly aggressive 19” TurbofanTM wheels are shown in mirror polish finish.
Spyker B6 Venator Spyder concept interior highlights
- Interior surroundings crafted from the finest materials are unusually open and airy for a sports car, akin to an aeroplane cockpit. The leather is sourced from the Litano range produced by the Royal Hulshof Dutch Tanneries in Lichtenvoorde, Netherlands. Hulshof uses only West European first choice bull hides and a special tanning process that produces the beautifully rich color palette.
- The red cover on the ignition switch evokes the spirit of starting an aeroplane, as does the dashboard that lights up as part of the ‘pre-flight check.’ The dashboard is shown with a turned aluminium fascia, similar to those seen on Spykers of the 1920s.
- Pressing the engine start button brings to life a powerful V6 engine that delivers 375+ bhp.
- The trademark exposed gear change mechanism was inspired by early aircraft controls from Spyker’s aviation heritage.
The Spyker B6 Venator Spyder Concept will begin production in late 2014 for key markets including Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and India, followed by the US in early 2015.
Body: All carbon fibre
Chassis: All aluminium platform
Engine: transverse mounted V6, rear-mid
Max power: 375+ bhp
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Overall length: 4347 mm
Width (ex mirrors): 1882 mm
Wheelbase: 2500 mm
Kerb weight: under 1400 kg