At this year’s World Car of the Year Awards 2020 (WCOTY), the Taycan has seen the checkered flag first in two categories: winning as World Luxury Car and World Performance Car of the Year. At the World Performance Award, it succeeded in a historic triple against the 911 and the 718 Spyder/Cayman GT4. Furthermore, the electric sports car also won World Luxury Car. 86 international motor journalists voted and assessed over 50 new cars. The winners were announced during the live online conference by the WCOTY organization.
Long list of awards in the main markets
The vote for World Car of the Year continues a winning streak: the Porsche Taycan, along with the new 911, which was launched last year, has already won around 40 international prizes, predominantly in the main markets of Germany, USA, UK and China. For the Porsche Taycan, these include, for example:
- Car of the Year: Top Gear magazine (UK)
- Game Changer of the Year: Top Gear magazine (UK)
- The China Green Car of the Year: Chinese Car of the Year (CCOTY) jury
- German Car of the Year: German Car of the Year (GCOTY) jury
It was also awarded the innovation prize from Connect magazine (Germany).
The Porsche 911 was a two-time winner in auto, motor und sport magazine (Germany) readers’ choice for Best Cars – once as a Coupé, once as a Cabriolet – and also won the following awards:
- Auto Trophy: readers’ choice of the Auto Zeitung magazine (Germany)
- Best Performance Car of the Year: Auto Express magazine (UK)
- Best Driver’s Car: Motor Trend magazine (USA)
- The China Performance Car of the Year: Chinese Car of the Year (CCOTY) jury