Have you ever face the problem of not having enough change to pay your taxi fare? Fear not, now you can pay your taxi fare with your Touch ‘n Go eWallet. This initiative was started by Touch ‘n Go to provide a more inclusive ecosystem for taxi drivers to thrive in a digital economy, while providing passengers with additional mobility option to reach their destination.
So what are the new programs that will be promoted under the #JOMTEKSI initiative?
- Refurbishment of 5 taxi stands – 5 taxi stands within Putrajaya and Cyberjaya area will equipped with USB ports to keep their mobile devices charged, and solar panels to power up the USB ports and light up the taxi stands at night.
- Kick start the transformation of taxi community – the #JOMTEKSI program will further improve the last mile connectivity for the community and provide an additional mobility option.
- 4G Wi-Fi connectivity – 22 #JOMTEKSI ambassadors have been chosen and have their taxi equipped with the first-of-its-kind service available for taxi services in Malaysia to allow passengers to access on to the internet provided by YES 4G.
- Car grooming service – CARS International will collaborate with TNG to provide taxi drivers with an allowance to maintain their cars and training sessions on car maintenance, all designed to assist in up-skilling the taxi drivers.
- Chance to win a trip to China – there are more than 6,000 taxi drivers that have now opted to adopt Touch ‘n Go eWallet as a cashless payment and earn an additional incentive of RM4 for each passengers that uses the Touch ‘n Go eWallet to make payment. Three of the top-performing taxi drivers who earn the most will stand a chance to win a trip to China and experience the cashless society there.
In conjunction with the launch, users will receive a RM3 flag fall cashback if payment is made via the Touch ‘n Go eWallet to any of the 6,000 #JOMTEKSI drivers. The cashback promotion is applicable to any destination within Malaysia and is available beginning from 13 December 2019 until 12 June 2020.
This #JOMTEKSI initiative is supported by Ministry of Transport Malaysia, Cyberview Sdn Bhd, YES Communications, CARS International, Majlis Perbandaran Sepang and Perbadanan Putrajaya.
Meanwhile, for any taxi driver who wants to become part of the #JOMTEKSI community, they can connect with #JOMTEKSI’s on-boarding partners, namely Koperasi Pengangkutan Putrajaya & Cyberjaya, EzCab, PicknGo and Taxi Comfort.
For more information and updates about #JOMTEKSI, visit www.tngdigital.com.my/urban-mobility/jomteksi or log on to www.facebook.com/touchngoewallet/. Download the Touch ‘n Go eWallet via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store respectively.