Every year we hear that the accident rate spike during the festive season in Malaysia. This is due to the increase in number of vehicle on the roads, which in turns increase the tendency for drivers to make mistake, and vehicles breakdown.
Bosch Automotive Aftermarket Malaysia’s (Bosch AA) recently launched the ‘Drive for Life’ campaign to teach Malaysians about the importance of proactive car care and maintenance using quality car parts to lower the risks of vehicle breakdowns, which will in turn to reduce the risk of accident because of stranded vehicle. Bosch AA have reminded all drivers to perform 6 simple checks to ensure safer journey.
All owners are recommended to check:
- Car’s service schedule sticker for the service due date
- Car’s tyre pressure, tyre thread condition and don’t forget to inflate the spare tyre
- Engine oil levels
- Battery condition
- All lighting systems – head, rear, brake and signal lights
Petron have further decided to work with Bosch AA in giving drivers free vehicle inspection services on battery condition, engine oil and fluid levels, tyre thread and brake pad thickness on the last two weekend in May at selected Petron stations in Klang Valley to allow Malaysians to enjoy fuss free motoring during the festive season.
The stations involved are:
- Petron Sg. Besi Toll Southbound – 18 May
- Petron MRR2 Safari – 19 May
- Petron MRR2 Selayang 25 May
- Petron KESAS Eastbound – 26 May
In addition, this Ramadan, stand a chance to win Bosch merchandise from the “Drive for Life” contest. Log on to Bosch Autoparts Malaysia Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/BoschAA.MY) to participate now!
By: See Zhan Wei